Putting additional effort into preparing your home to show will pay off big in the end. Not just in terms of money, but also in how quickly your home sells. The best part is you don’t have to pay an expensive professional home stager to do it for you. Here are some quick, simple, and inexpensive home staging tips you can do to be ready:
- Get Inspiration: Watch some of your favorite DIY shows and networks to see what is trending and for professional ideas on how you can do a lot with very little money.
- Pack Up: Embrace the confidence that your home will sell and that you will be packing up anyway. So why not get started now with stuff throughout your house that you are not using anyway. Pack it up and store it out of view. Buyers will then be able to appreciate more of your house and less of your stuff.
- Neutralize: Your style is great I am sure, but it may not be great for potential buyers. Use this as an opportunity to put up some fresh paint using some neutral colors that appeal to most people. Also, simplify the arrangement of your furniture.
- Clean, clean, clean: Wash your windows, clear off the counters, and put some fresh vacuum lines in the carpet. This will improve the feel when buyers come to look. Additionally, odor has a powerful effect, make sure you address that with simple potpourri, bake some cookies, or light your favorite candle.
- Curb Appeal: Don’t forget the outside of the house. That makes the first impression, so pick up loose items left around, mow the yard, trim up bushes, or lay down some fresh mulch. A little pressure washing could help your siding and sidewalks pop a little more too.
For more ideas, contact Cindy. We would love to help you sell your home quickly and get what you want for it.